Halloween has become one of my favorite times of the year to celebrate with the kids. We love to decorate our house, we love to wear costumes, and we absolutely love to go trick-or-treating. I am usually a practical person, I think. Well, at least most of the time. And when it comes to seasonal decorating, I like to make it easy, but still exciting. So here are my 3 tips for when you think about your Halloween décor this year.
1. Group black elements togetherIn order to change the vibe in our living room, I tackled our coffee table with a few black pumpkins, and a decorative black vase I keep in my bedroom. This is a simple look, and yet a very "halloweenish" one. So, if you have a couple of black décor items around your house, bring them together and dress up your coffee table. Black candles with simple candle holders is a great choice. Just add a couple small store bought pumpkins and you are all set.
24 Oct 2016
Last week we talked to Etsy wholesale about how Trendy Peas first dipped its feet in the the wholesale business. In case you have a store, follow this link here to read the full interview. We are talking about our mistakes, our success, and a couple of wholesale tips.::: Click to read the interview here
Here is what they asked us:
- If you had magic powers what 3 things would you do to advance the Crafting Movement?
- What inspires you while designing?
- What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?
- When did you get started on wholesale and how did you know you were ready?
- Were you always able to offer keystone pricing? If not, how did you get there? How did you decide your minimum order requirements?
20 Oct 2016
I am thrilled to have partnered with Project Nursery, one of my favorite kids' blog. In case you never heard of them, you must check them out. At Project Nursery's blog you will find tips about kids décor, kids parties, and everything that is trending in the baby world. For this partnership, I will be writing about one DIY project every month. These projects will range from simple, yet elegant décor for kids' spaces, to free printables and more. So let me give you a sneak peek of our first DIY project for Project Nursery. Because almost every baby will have a difficult time transitioning from crib to big bed, we decided to create a DIY headboard to make that milestone more fun. For more details and to see all instructions about this very simple DIY project, visit Project Nursery here. Oh, and just in case you have any ideas of projects you would like to see, feel free to contact us. Since Project Nursery is all about baby, think about projects that would target mamas that are decorating their kids' spaces. PS: Don't forget to follow us on IG so you can see all the behind the scenes of more projects like this one.
12 Oct 2016
Today I want to introduce to you our new Aztec Wallpaper Pattern. This beautiful and soft pattern printed in a very light pink color seems to be all you need to make one wall feel oh, so special. Because the pattern is so subtle, the overall design brings a touch a elegance to a space without making it look too busy. Trendy Peas’ wallpaper is a revolutionary self-adhesive fabric based medium that does not require pasting. In addition, our paste-free wallpaper does not leave residue behind and does not require expert installation, repair or removal. To see how easy it is to install our wallpaper visit this port here. To shop our entire wallpaper collection visit here.
07 Oct 2016